“The Magic Seed”
There is a reason why its called “The Magic Seed”, Chia seeds is the super food that everyone talks about! Most define that this healing seed is the “magic” seed, a food that performs small miracles within our bodies.
Small and white or black in color, chia seeds are rich in fatty acids, omega-3s and contain a significant amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. As a result, they act as anti-inflammatory, reduce blood pressure, coronary diseases, risks of breast, colon and prostate cancer. Studies have shown that consuming chia seeds also affects the health of hair, nails and skin regeneration. Chia seeds don’t contain gluten.
Chia seeds have a very mild and pleasant taste, while the simplest way is to mix the seeds with a smoothie, or put them in a light and vitamin-rich salad. The trick is to immerse them in water for 15 minutes until they grow to a size that is 10 times their usual size. As with oatmeal, the larger the seed, the earlier your stomach will release the hormones that will “inform” you that you are full. This seed, when immersed in coconut milk and mixed with almonds and pineapples, becomes a very tasty and healthy dessert. Here are some great ways on how can you mix the chia seeds with different food and beverages.
Chia Pudding With Raspberries and Almonds
- 1 cup milk (almond if not usually or coconut etc)
- One Greek yogurt
- Half a cup of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- cup of raspberries
- some almonds
- Mix the milk and yogurt.
- Add chia seeds, and maple or honey.
- Cut the raspberries a little (or blend) and add the mixture.
- Put the mixture in the glasses and refrigerate for a few hours.
It doesn’t even have to be mixed in the raspberry mixture, it can only be made from chia and put fruit and chopped almonds up there.
- Ingredients for ice fruit cubes:
- a small mold for ice cubes
- 2 orange-freshly squeezed juice
- a leaf of fresh mint
- chia seeds
2. Ingredients for chia fresca beverage:
- 2 glasses of water (can also be mineral water)
- 1 orange-freshly squeezed juice
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoons chia seeds
- a couple of slips of fresh mint
- ice fruit cubes (prepared earlier for serving)
- oranges (for decoration)
- One day before, prepare the fruit cubes:
- Squeeze the orange juice and arrange it in ice bowls, put two small slips of fresh mint and some chia seeds in each cube . Put the juice jar in the deep freeze to prepare the cubes.
- Put two glasses of water and freshly squeezed juice of one orange in a shaker, a little finely chopped fresh mint leaf and a couple of ice fruit cubes and shake everything well in the shaker. Then add sweetener as desired and chia seeds and shake well once more.
- Pour the beverage into glasses and then refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer) to cool and chia seeds to gel
- Serve chia fresca with ice fruit cubes and decorate with orange feta
Chill while drinking it and enjoy the day with some fine book or music.
- 1 cup of milk (coconut or almond)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (that’s 3-4 tablespoons)
- Two tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Add 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Put the milk in a larger bowl, add the cocoa.
- Add maple syrup a little, add the chia seeds and peanut butter.
- Mix it well with a wire. Leave it for a couple of hours in the fridge or overnight.
- Add bananas, or chopped peanuts .. or both ..
- Pour it in a glass/bowl
Find more information on our article about Little Known Facts About Chia Seeds.